Vocalist.org archive

From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  6:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Political correctness

Not meaning to cause a string of replies, but can
someone please comment as to the lack of political
correctness in this post (below)? I certainly didn't
mean to lack it in my original post and don't see it
now, so obviously I am totally in the dark and
certainly didn't mean to offend!

Surely mentioning his accent and the desire to find a
piece in which it would be appropriate is not
offensive? The accent is simply a fact that will be
noticed in the audition and I have made no judgment of
it, nor do I have one.

> Heloooooo everyone.
>
> I have a new student whose primary language is
> Spanish
> - and his English has a strong accent. He is
> looking
> for some musical theatre pieces for an upcoming
> audition (he's a tenor). I first thought of this
> role
> for him, but do not remember anything about it, nor
> do
> I have anything in my library.
>
> Can someone tell me - does he even have his own
> piece
> in the musical? If so, what is it? Is he a tenor?
> seem to recall that he is. And, if such a piece
> exists, where may I find it aside from the score?
>
> AND - can anyone think of another show where this
> accent would be useful, even preferred?

> http://auctions.yahoo.com

http://auctions.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16999 Re: Political correctnessJohn Link   Mon  1/28/2002
17001 Re: Political correctnessErica Zweig   Mon  1/28/2002
17018 Re: Political correctnessKaren Mercedes   Mon  1/28/2002
17024 Re: Political correctnessErica Zweig   Mon  1/28/2002

emusic.com