Vocalist.org archive

From:  "drama_diva_au" <drama_diva_au@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 28, 2002  3:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] shiny happy people FOR mark!

Oh dear, dear, dear, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Poor, poor
misunderstood Caio. At exactly what point did I or Lea Ann quote his
name or refer to it, or even infer it was HIM in our riposts? If the
cap fits wear it! Why call the Three Tenors old Grandpas, (as someone
did), to start with (or any other artist a similar derogatory name)
if no insult is meant? Once an ad hominen and/or personal attack is
started it is clear what intent there is behind it. By continuing it
(the insult) without comment is generally seen to be condoning it
isn't it?

excruciatingly boring, unappealing 'manifesto wannabees', this would
have been clear to you as well.<<<<

Well, that's just the problem isn't it. Why would anyone want to? I
have been on the brink of leaving the list for a while now (ever
since the objectionable Mr Rossi appeared I think, what a
coincidence!) as the list has descended into an opinion forum for Mr
Rossi with caio out-posting everyone else in a frenzy every day.
Rather than leave altogether and deprive myself of the regulars and
others whom I enjoy and appreciate so much, I thought I would trial a
different approach and either ignore caio's posts all together or
just skim them. Sometimes a REALLY off-remark has caught my eye and I
have thoroughly read a post. Rather than risk censure by reacting to
it, I have just let it be and ignored it hoping that others might do
this to and thus take away his main interest in being here.

I still stand by Lea Ann's disgust with the particular thread she/I
referred to, whether we were "mistaken" (oh yeah, that's likely, NOT)
or not by the intent of some of the posters. Once you start labeling
in this fashion it is a steep slippery descent to being misunderstood
so one only has onself to blame when one uses subjectively nasty
labels.

THIS is the essence of the matter in hand, in case you missed it in
the first place >>>>it's cowardly to verbally cut people down for
their physical attributes. That's what it boils down to. And lazy
ignorant people always take the low road. I would never refer anyone
the way people have been here...because I don't think nasty things
about people generally until they open their mouths and prove to me
just how hateful they are. The cowardly and stupid think it gives
them more power when the can verbally attack and gang up on someone
else...and they always go for their victims most tender spot....as in
how fat you are, or how you wear glasses or you have a twitch or a
limp or what not. Just like a school bully would. If you reread the
comments that were made and insert other words, like black, or gay
you can really get a feel for how ugly this is. Because the
intention wasn't to comment on singing...if it were there would have
been no discussion about the physical...and it's not even a matter of
stage appearance...it's really about someone who "ain't got" wanting
something someone else has, and being mad that they don't have it.
<<<<

So, would it be possible for all of us to move on now, instead of
attacking me or Lea Ann or anyone else further for what is seen as
mistaken or misplaced disgust?

~Michelle

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17031 Re: shiny happy people FOR mark!Lee Morgan   Tue  1/29/2002

emusic.com