Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun Jan 27, 2002  6:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

John Link wrote:

> >I have this fanstasy. Someday, at some hugely-hyped concert
> >by a big pop-star "singer" with limited vocal chops (I won't
> >name any names, but we all have our candidates), some key
> >technology will go on the fritz in the middle of a song, and
> >the star's non-live singing will be exposed...
>
> I believe that something of the sort happened to Millie Vanillie (on
> national TV?).

When I wrote that I'd forgotten about Milli Vannilli. But
that's only half my fantasy, and I always thought of MV in
the category of "one-hit wonder" - or two, like Ricky Martin
(whom I actually like, by the way, except he only does one
thing, and one gets bored). No I'm thinking of bigger fish
than them....the ones that can't play their own instruments
or write their own songs or perform without a cast of
thousands on and back-stage.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...