Vocalist.org archive

From:  "drama_diva_au" <drama_diva_au@y...>
Date:  Sun Jan 27, 2002  1:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] shiny happy people FOR mark!

>>>And my own grandmother is a big woman too....I don't call her a
fat grandma out of respect for her.

> Lea Ann<<<

First off, Lea Ann and Mark, thanks for having your say on this. I am
tired of this thread and appalled by the language used by some
members (one member?) to express themselves on this issue. As for the
above quote, Lea Ann, I think there is something further to this than
not saying it just out of respect. I would bet money that it wouldn't
even occur to you to refer to her (or anyone else for that matter) in
that manner no matter how she looked, because like many of us, it
just never enters your thinking to be that small minded, petty or
nasty about other human beings.

How about we get back to discussing singing, people, instead of being
vicious about those who have a career? It all begins to look like
jealousy, "sour grapes" and "Tall Poppy Syndrome" after a while and
it is not very pretty. Live and let live.

~Michelle

emusic.com