Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sun Jan 27, 2002  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Evita - Che; Spanish accent

Of course you're right about Joey in THE MOST HAPPY FELLA - I was thinking
fast when I typed that song title - I meant to suggest "Rosabella" and
"Mamma, Mamma", both of which are near operatic.

Another possibility (also for baritone) is Vittorio Vidal's spong "Too
Many Tomorrows" from Cy Coleman's SWEET CHARITY. Vidal, in the film
version, was played by Ricardo Montalban (of FANTASY ISLAND and STAR TREK
movie fame...plus, lest we forget, those Plymouth Volare commercials
featuring Montalban orally caressing the words "reech Coreentheean
Leatherrrrr").

And there aren't any solos for any of The Sharks (not even Bernardo) in
WEST SIDE STORY.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
What lies behind us, and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

emusic.com