Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Naomi Gurt Lind" <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  9:49 pm
Subject:  Re: Evita - Che; Spanish accent

>>"Joey, Joey, Joey" from THE MOST HAPPY FELLA. The character is actually
>>Italian, but I suspect your friend could get away with singing it with a
>>[Spanish] accent.<<

It's my understanding that the Joey character in THE MOST HAPPY FELLA is
*not* Italian; it's the older gentleman, whose name escapes me, who is
Italian.

I wonder, too, if the student might be able to excerpt something from WEST
SIDE STORY -- or do the Puerto Rican characters only sing in ensemble?

If the student is serious about singing, of course, he will need to work on
eliminating the accent eventually. English diction training is always an
option, depending on the intentions of the student.

Best of luck!

Naomi

PLEASE NOTE: My "real" email address is omigurt@m.... Please reply
there.

16934 Re: Evita - Che; Spanish accentKaren Mercedes   Sun  1/27/2002

emusic.com