Vocalist.org archive

From:  Andrea K <ipiggy7@y...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  9:07 am
Subject:  ears of the public

> I for one generally don't respect the "ears of
>the general
>public." Does anyone on this list?

I respect their ears and I hope to sell them lots
of CD's some day ;-) I would rather appeal to the
general population and hope that a melody or some
lyrics I write means something to someone, and
makes them happy. It's better than trying to
appeal to a small group of critics whose
standards are so narrow and restrictive that very
little gets through the filter.

If something is really really good - it should
have Universal appeal.
That's why the 3 Grandpa's (tenors) sell records.
Good singing, fun to watch, funny, something
different than a super serious diva proving how
great she is by performing vocal gymnastics
rather than really "singing" a song and
connecting with the audience.
-Andrea

http://auctions.yahoo.com