Vocalist.org archive

From:  <szy@n...>
Date:  Sat Jan 26, 2002  7:10 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera

Slight twist of the topic. Am now listening to the first track of a new CD
I purchased which features a classically-trained singer doing pop songs in
Italian. Alessandro Safina, known as the Italian George Clooney (he is
awfully easy on the eyes!) is currently hitting the American scene after
much success in Europe. Some are calling the genre "pop-opera", others say
it's hard to classify.

As one who, frankly, wouldn't listen to Charlotte on a bet, but who enjoys
Sting and other interesting contemporary artists, I am really enjoying the
lighter rep of this CD sung by a decent voice. I'm not analyzing his
technique, (well, ok, not really very much at least) - hey, I do that all
day as a teacher, but I am finding the songs very relaxing and sensitively
sung.

Anyone else care to comment on this singer?

Sharon Szymanski

The Szymanski Studio -"encouraging excellence in the vocal arts"

emusic.com