Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  8:19 pm
Subject:  Re: Re; [vocalist] Singers and Amplification

In a message dated 1/25/2002 3:05:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
richard@r... writes:

> The difference, however, is that the note you're talking about is not a note
> you'd pay $80 or more to hear a countertenor sing, and it is a note you'd
> pay $80 to hear a tenor sing. If a countertenor couldn't sing that note
> (and countertenors, by the way, are generally singing in a well-supported
> falsetto, which is not the same production a tenor uses) then somebody's
> messed up his voice. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

richard,

you missed the point. the point was to compare apples and oranges
and, by doing so, demonstrate how absurd it is to say one is better than the
other.

also, i doubt you are trying to say that whoever makes the most money
singing, is the best.

i doubt anyone would pay $80 to hear a tenor sing just a tenor high C.
i believe what you meant was that you'd be more willing to pay money to
hear a good tenor than you would a good counter-tenor. to me, that's simply
a matter of preference.

mike

emusic.com