Vocalist.org archive

From:  richard@r...
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  8:02 pm
Subject:  Re: Re; [vocalist] Singers and Amplification

On Fri, 25 January 2002, Greypins@a... wrote:
> applying the same logic to singing, it is my belief that it is far
> easier to sing a tenor high C as a counter-tenor than it is to sing it as a
> 'regular' tenor. that doesn't make the 'regular' tenor better than the
> counter-tenor (especially if, the 'regular' tenor sings like a pig and the
> counter-tenor does not).

The difference, however, is that the note you're talking about is not a note
you'd pay $80 or more to hear a countertenor sing, and it is a note you'd pay
$80 to hear a tenor sing. If a countertenor couldn't sing that note (and
countertenors, by the way, are generally singing in a well-supported falsetto,
which is not the same production a tenor uses) then somebody's messed up his
voice. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

Richard

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16877 Re: Re; [vocalist] Singers and Amplificationthomas mark montgomery   Fri  1/25/2002

emusic.com