Vocalist.org archive

From:  Zerbintta@a...
Date:  Wed May 17, 2000  12:39 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Audition experience

In a message dated 5/17/00 3:38:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fionat@i... writes:

<< I know auditioners have NO WAY
of knowing how one USUALLY performs the aria, so who cares really? But i
guess for me, I knew I was doing it differently, and although differently
doesn't mean bad, or wrong, I still felt a little strange. >>

That's a good point. But for really high sopranos who bank on those notes
being there all the time, taking them out of your audition is basically the
same as cancelling your audition all together (which i probably a better
choice!) I've been told be different coaches/directors that most auditioners
have NO imagination, meaning that what they hear is what they assume you
have. If you sing a high D in an audition they will not assume you have an
F. SO, if you are not consistent with those notes, perhaps you are singing
the wrong rep?

Zerbinetta

emusic.com