Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  6:19 am
Subject:  Re[2]: [vocalist] Musical theater was Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

Thursday, January 24, 2002, 2:24:27 PM, Lauren wrote:

lac> Yeah, it does sound like it varies from voice part to voice part. For the
lac> true mezzos out there, it's difficult, because the only roles suitable
would
lac> be the older character parts... everything else is so belty...

Actually, while I can belt, I find sometimes it's easier to sing
"soprano" parts in musical theater - the tessitura seems to be lower
than in classical "soprano" literature, for the most part, and suits
me fine. But then I'm a lyric mezzo - might be a different story for
a dramatic.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL

http://home.earthlink.net/~mbryantsprint/biography.htm