Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  4:16 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Alessandro Moreschi

I made a wax cylinder
years ago, and it sounds nothing like me. Birgit
Nilsonn did similar, and once in an interview it was
played to some so called 'experts' who had no idea who
it was, but said it wasn't a singer of any repute!
Madame Nilsonn had the last laugh, and also breakfast
I believe, as she ate all the experts up in one fell
swoop!

Best to all,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!

Ian, I agree...I listened to the MP3 of the wax recording and I understood that
I wasn't really hearing what I would have heard with a modern recording...my
interest was only in his castrati voice...never having heard one before I was
just curious about it....having seen Farinelli very recently I was sort of
shocked and disturbed watching a man and hearing a soprano voice come out as he
sang....my curiosity led me to try and hear the "real" thing....it's a shame
about the quality...I must admit my interest is still high.

Lea Ann

emusic.com