Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Fri Jan 25, 2002  1:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Alessandro Moreschi

Hi all,

Signor Moreschi was jolly old when he recorded his
bits and bobs. However, if you really listen, then
there's lots to enjoy.

I often play my students my 78's of various 'star'
singers, and invariably, they laugh and say, "It's
awful!" I, naturally get very distressed by this! Not
because they hate it (couldn't care less!) but because
they're not listening properly, and any sort of muso
has do that. But, most of all. I made a wax cylinder
years ago, and it sounds nothing like me. Birgit
Nilsonn did similar, and once in an interview it was
played to some so called 'experts' who had no idea who
it was, but said it wasn't a singer of any repute!
Madame Nilsonn had the last laugh, and also breakfast
I believe, as she ate all the experts up in one fell
swoop!

Best to all,

Ian Voice wrecker to the stars!