Vocalist.org archive

From:  lolipastor@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  8:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Musical theater was Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

Richard,

Yeah, it does sound like it varies from voice part to voice part. For the
true mezzos out there, it's difficult, because the only roles suitable would
be the older character parts... everything else is so belty... luckily I'm
young enough to still have a soubrette quality to my voice, so I am happy
with the ingenue roles. I enjoy sneaking over to the more belty side every
once in awhile... a tame role in this genre is Meg in Brigadoon, which i'll
be doing this summer.

Interesting to hear that there is such a difficulty for men. I always
assumed it was the mezzos who got the worst trade-off.

Lauren

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16855 Re[2]: [vocalist] Musical theater was Re: pseudo Vicki Bryant   Fri  1/25/2002

emusic.com