Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  8:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Musical theater was Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplifi...

In a message dated 1/24/2002 11:58:40 AM Pacific Standard Time,
richard@r... writes:

> 1) The delivery required of some of the dialogue is death on the voice. Tony
> screams his way through the last five to ten minutes of the show, and the
> director wanted SCREAMING. I would typically have very little voice left by
> the end of the show, most of it used up in the last five minutes. That

This is a very real consideration for any singer, as well as for actors. The
best plan would be to seek acting advice on how to deal with that, as actors
cannot abuse their voices anymore than singers, and have learned how to
protect themselves in ways that opera singers are probably not aware of.
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16838 Re: Musical theater was Re: pseudo opera, was: SiMezzoid@a...   Fri  1/25/2002

emusic.com