Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  6:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

In a message dated 1/23/2002 9:56:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lolipastor@a... writes:

> if ONLY I could make a career singing only in my speaking range. Sigh.
> Pipe
> dreams.

I KNOW!!!! My voice teacher and I were just discussing this the other day: We
were laughingly saying we have NO sympathy for baritones who complain about
the two or three notes that they can't just sing naturally, that they have to
work on. Meanwhile, us female singers have to work on learning how to sing
all BUT the handful of notes that fall into our natural speech range. (So it
seems.)
TinaO

emusic.com