Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  6:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

In a message dated 1/24/2002 12:56:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lolipastor@a... writes:

> if ONLY I could make a career singing only in my speaking range.

lauren,

many have (all those crooners, male and female). the problem comes
when you wish to sing music that goes beyond the extent of the speaking
voice. in opera, men and women deal with the problem differently whereas,
in much non classical music, men and women tend to deal with the problem in a
more similar fashion and, that fashion is more closely related to the way
classical male singers handle the problem rather than the way female
classical singer do.

mike

emusic.com