Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Thu Jan 24, 2002  3:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplification

Dear Tina:

You wrote:
>I think the biggest reason is that it is difficult for many women to squelch
>the bloom from happening in their voices around Eb and higher, and that bloom
>just doesn't sound appropriate to pop style.
>TinaO

My comment is WHY? Why is the natural upper register of the female
voice "not considered appropriate to the pop style"? Could it be
that pop music refuses to recognize the femaleness of the female
voice and chooses, instead, to consider all voices "unisex"?

--
Lloyd W. Hanson
Flagstaff, Arizona

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16796 Re: pseudo opera, was: Singers and Amplificationthomas mark montgomery   Thu  1/24/2002

emusic.com