Vocalist.org archive

From:  Zerbintta@a...
Date:  Wed May 17, 2000  1:19 am
Subject:  Audition experience

I was auditioning for HOFFMANN last weekend and an interesting thing
happened. A soprano went in a few people before me and absolutely blew all
3 of the high E-flats she attempted in the Doll's Song. I don't mean she was
just tight or squeaked, I mean she was at least a whole step flat on each of
them (espcially the last, held out note which was the most obvious.) When
she came out she said this:

"Well, I guess I didn't have them today. I didn't think I did but I thought
I'd better try them anyway."

Now here are my issues with this. (1) Isn't it a good rules of tongue to
only sing notes in any audition/performance that you KNOW you
have...consistently? (2) Is it really worth showing up to audition for this
company knowing, or at least believing (since it's all really a psych job
anyway) that on that day you don't have what it takes to make a good
impression? It was a fairly well known regional ompany afterall.

What do you all think about this?

Zerbinetta

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1682 Re: Audition experience DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Wed  5/17/2000   2 KB
1683 Re: Audition experience Teressa000@a...   Wed  5/17/2000   4 KB
1684 Re: Audition experience Fiona Chow   Wed  5/17/2000   3 KB
1685 Re: Audition experience Zerbintta@a...   Wed  5/17/2000   2 KB
1686 Re: Audition experience Zerbintta@a...   Wed  5/17/2000   2 KB
1689 Re: Audition experience thomas mark montgomery   Wed  5/17/2000   3 KB
1717 Re: Audition experience LMorgan923@a...   Thu  5/18/2000   2 KB
1730 Re: Audition experience Fiona Chow   Fri  5/19/2000   3 KB
1731 Re: Audition experience Vivian   Fri  5/19/2000   3 KB

emusic.com