Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ja-Naé" Duane <elektra1313@y...>
Date:  Tue Jan 22, 2002  2:58 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Working performers (was Re: assumptions)

Laura......Congrats! Starting a new company is huge
and takes alot of work. And congrats on the audition
turn out. It sounds like things are going well. Good
Luck with everything....and keep us posted on how the
show goes.

I've just started a new organization that I think
might be useful to some of you. NAE (National Artictic
Effort)is a national organization that I founded in
2001, uniting artistic collaborators (of any kind)in
order to facilitate positive change within our
communities. We hope to achieve this through various
benefit concerts, artistic collaborations, and
supplementing existing agencies with our network of
volunteers. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED in joining (within
any context: collaborating,website upkeep, etc.),
please feel free to come aboard. Here is the website:

http://us.geocities.com/elektra1313/index.html

To join the discussion group: NAE@yahoogroups.com

We would love to have your input and ideas.

Ja-Naé

--- Laura Ruiz <laura@d...> wrote:
> Vicki, thanks for the prompt to "toot" our own
> horns.
>
> I just had an extremely exciting day and would love
> to share it. I held
> auditions today for my brand new opera company,
> Lyric Opera of Los
> Angeles (LOLA). The response and turn-out was so
> much greater than I
> had expected. And the quality of singers that came
> to audition for us
> was just so wonderful!!! It was extremely
> encouraging for the very
> infant stages of our company. fyi, the auditions we
> were holding were
> for Mozart's "Abduction from the Seraglio".
>
> And of course, on top of that, we filed our DBA on
> Friday and will be
> able to file for our non-profit status on Tuesday
> and even open our
> bank/savings account. We're official and real!
> It's a very exciting
> thing! The hard stuff is ahead of me - applying for
> grants, fundraising
> in general, etc. But I've gotten a good start on
> all of that over the
> last couple of months and am absolutely thrilled at
> the responses I've
> been getting.
>
> Other than that, ummmm - I'm mommy to 2 *gorgeous*
> little kids (2 years
> old and 5 months old!), running an internet business
> with my husband,
> designing websites for a profession, and pursuing my
> own singing
> career...I guess that's *all*!
>
> Thanks for letting me share! I'm on a bit of a high
> at the moment!!!!!
>
> Laura

=====
Up and Coming diva,founder of the National Artistic Effort, and expert
self-promoter, Ja-Naé Duane, is taking the music world by storm.....one gig at a
time.
Check out:www.Ja-Nae.com

For more information on the National Artistic Effort, please go
to:http://us.geocities.com/elektra1313/index.html
Join the Club!:NAE@yahoogroups.com

16745 Re: Working performers (was Re: assumptions)Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  1/22/2002
16757 Re: Working performers (was Re: assumptions)Ja-Naé Duane   Wed  1/23/2002

emusic.com