Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Mon Jan 21, 2002  3:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Andrea Bocelli.

ODivaTina@a... wrote:

> > If I'm at the opera and they are miking anybody onstage

> Unless you're at NYCO? I think the miking there sounds pretty good; although I
am still on the fence about the precedence it may be setting.

I'm not on the fence. I will not set foot to see opera at
the New York State Theater as long as they are using the
"sound enhancement" system. Lucky for me, I don't live in
NY, so it's not a tough decision. Though I do go up to NY
to see the Met.

Beverly Sills, who is Chairman of Lincoln Center, has said
recently and publicly that it didn't hurt either her or
Placido Domingo's career to have sung opera in that house
without any electronics (and one could add Samuel Ramy and
lots of others to that list!), implying that it's not
necessary now, either.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...