Vocalist.org archive

From:  Andrea K <ipiggy7@y...>
Date:  Mon Jan 21, 2002  5:29 am
Subject:  beating the dead horse:was Charlotte

>to stir the pot?

No, I just wanted to defend Charlotte, seemed
like it mushroomed.

>"fundamentalist" approach in religion.

agreed

>that "teacher" mode off when I am listening >to
a person singing in this style, and Charlotte
misses the boat on a few of

maybe but she has this quality to her voice that
is very pleasant.

>singing (or at least opera...maybe you just
>don't like Die
Fledermaus?).

I like classical, I watch it when it arrives on
my
TV set, I seek it live only on occasion.
Die Fledermaus is fine, an example I think of
OK, average singing, not bad not great.

>That is certainly your perogative, but you
>anger at those who "pick"
>comment about how you don't like the "singers in
Die Fledermaus."

You're right it was just as wrong of me to
list Kathleen + DF singers as flawed.
So there seems no way to discuss this without
listing someone as a bad example.

>Thanks for the discussion,

Well you are very nice, but this is my last post
on Charlotte, Kathleen, what I hear or think etc.
about this. I think the horse is finally dead, at
least on my end.
-Andrea

16921 (rep) help, want to find songDolphin aura   Sat  1/26/2002
16923 Re: (rep) help, want to find songJennifer Sherley   Sat  1/26/2002

emusic.com