Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sun Jan 20, 2002  7:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Andrea Bocelli.

David wrote:

> Well, I saw Cecilia a few years ago in a production of The Barber of Seville
> in Dallas, and you could not hear her for much of the night. Any time she
> and Figaro sang together, she might have been just moving her mouth, for all
> I could tell.

Yes, her voice isn't large. However, I heard her a the
Metropolitan Opera (she sang Susanna in Le nozze di Figaro,
with James Levine at the podium, Bryn Terfel as Figaro and
Dwayne Croft as the Count), and my seat was at the top row
of the top balcony. So far away that even with binoculars,
she looked really small. And I had no problem hearing her,
and her voice was well-matched with her fellow singers,
whose voices are not small. The differences might be the
acoustics of the hall, where you were sitting in the hall,
the acoustics of the set, and the ability of the conductor
and the orchestra not to play too loud.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...