Vocalist.org archive

From:  Andrea K <ipiggy7@y...>
Date:  Sun Jan 20, 2002  6:33 am
Subject:  Re: charlotte

Ah, I see I have stirred the pot hehehe. I see
that by admitting that I am a rock singer, I
have subjected myself to all kinds of
assumptions, that I have just begun voice,
lessons, that I don't listen etc.... I hear it
- my teacher is very thorough and has some very
funny observations about the non-classical; I
hear the vocal flaws of myself and other
classical and non-classical singers BUT, that
doesn't mean that I agree that the perfect and
most flawless vocal technique sounds good on
everyone, some people are just bad, all they have
is their training. Give me Aretha Franklin and
a little "soul" in the voice anytime over those
singing in "Die Fledermaus". I sent a message
about Charlotte because I'm so tired of the
"attitude" of the petty and jealous self
proclaimed experts who are nowhere themselves,
picking on a little girl. Flawless or not she has
a great sound, MUCH better INMHO than what
Kathleen Battle and some others like her have
accomplished with years of training. The first
time I heard Kathleen I thought she was just
bad, the second time she was much better, but
still nothing spectacular. I wouldn't want that
sound after years of training - what a waste of
time and money. Some people sound better and more
original than others who jump through all the
right hoops.
Cheers,
-Andrea

---Begin included message---
I wonder whether Andrea has already experienced a
little of this
herself, perhaps in relation to the singers of
pop/rock/country/etc. music?
If so, a few years hence, her opinion of Ms.
Church's vocal techique
may be different than it is today.

16679 Re: charlotteDavid   Sun  1/20/2002
16692 Re: charlotteODivaTina@a...   Sun  1/20/2002

emusic.com