Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  8:18 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Andrea Bocelli.

In a message dated 1/19/2002 10:09:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dgrogan@e... writes:

> Well, I saw Cecilia a few years ago in a production of The Barber of Seville
> in Dallas, and you could not hear her for much of the night. Any time she
> and Figaro sang together, she might have been just moving her mouth, for all
> I could tell. Several times, the orchestra itself overpowered her. I was
> terribly dissapointed. I have several CDs of her, and love her voice.

Yes, she is interesting that way, in that her voice sounds big on CD; it has
so much color. I am a huge fan of her color and her soulfulness.
I am surprised that they didn't mic her in Dallas. I understand they do at
the Met.
TinaO

emusic.com