Vocalist.org archive

From:  "PJ. Garner" <garnered_images@e...>
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  7:49 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] image

Lea Ann, I stand by my statement that being at one's own personal correct
weight, along with being fit, should be the only goal. I wasn't intimating
anyone should try to get "thin as a rail" if you aren't built that way.
Those who are very thin yet lacking good muscle tone are just as
"unattractive" as those carrying way too much extra fat.

The number on the scale really has nothing to do with this. As an example,
I had a friend who was built exactly like me and we were also exactly the
same height. We are both somewhat tall, naturally thin. But she weighed
nearly 30 pounds more, and she could wear clothes that were just a bit too
tight on me. Why? Doesn't seem to make sense, does it? The reason was
that she was a supremely fit athlete, carrying far more tightly-packed
muscle.

The truth of this is that when I started running, I noticed I never lost any
weight but my clothes sure fit better.

It's all about being the best you possible. Is it easy to do? No. Is it
worth the effort? Yes. For a million reasons besides just appearance.

PJ.