Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  12:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

but how can one prove that
just by listening to the CD? She may be an opera singer singing "The Phantom
of the Opera" too. Her faulty breathing, phrasing, etc, etc may be taken as
mistakes that might be committed by a "real" opera singer as well!

Caio

Well let me say that even out here in the sticks (Kansas)ANY voice teacher
specializing in opera would have immediatly dealt with that wobble she is
developing and the breathy tone she produces...have a listen to her singing "the
water is wide" sometime and then tell us how great she is....I am no where near
that breathy and the subject is still the focus of at least 5 minutes of every
one of my lessons. Her vocal "no no's" are pretty basic stuff...I saw her via
TV as recently as Christmas and her chin is shaking up and down now more so than
ever...that's not a good thing...bad technique is just bad technique.

Lea Ann

emusic.com