Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Sat Jan 19, 2002  4:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

Wow... you've been quite busy!

Caio
----- Original Message -----
From: <ODivaTina@a...>
To: <vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 1:47 AM

In a message dated 1/18/2002 6:45:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:

> > and yes, I started singing in my first rock
> band at 15. (I didn't touch classical until I was 23.)

I made my solo debuts in the last year and a half at San Francisco Opera,
Opera San Jose, Opera Theater St. Louis and New York City Opera. I also am a
stage actress, and premiered a role in a brand new play at San Francisco's
Magic Theater last year. I sing locally (when I am not out of town on gigs)
with Bill Lombardo's big band (Guy's nephew) that does 40's swing and I also
do casuals where I sing R & B and rock and pop and standards and country.
I've done many a radio and TV jingle, and back-up vocals for recordings.
Appeared on Jay Leno a few years back with John Cale (of Velvet
Underground).
My upcoming gigs are Elgar's Sea Pictures with Berkeley Lyric Opera
Orchestra
and the role of Pilar in a Zarzuela in Napa Valley. (It's actually a soprano
role, the leading young girl type. . .something I've never done. Sits a
little high. . .) I've got an audition for Portland Opera coming up, and
am
waiting to hear from Lyric Opera Cleveland about an audition I did there in
December.
So, that's my story, in a nutshell.
TinaO

emusic.com