Vocalist.org archive

From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  11:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte (Peter Hoffmann)

In a message dated 1/18/2002 11:12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ipiggy7@y... writes:

> 3) I'd like to hear your favorite opera singer sing with my band, no one
> would hear them above the guitars or drumset without a microphone! It'snot

There is that famous tale about Peter Hoffmann, the Wagnerian tenor, who was
a rock singer before becoming an opera singer. The story goes that he was
"discovered" by an opera impresario at a gig where the PA for the mics went
out. He kept on singing, and could still be heard above the band. They
immediately brought him in to sing all the heavy Wagnerian tenor roles. . .
although his career didn't last very long.
TinaO
(An opera singer who has sung at the New York State Theater (a huge house
with bad acoustics) and as a pop singer with multiple bands and mics and find
the difference very profound.)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16729 Re: Charlotte (Peter Hoffmann)Karen Mercedes   Mon  1/21/2002

emusic.com