Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  4:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Charlotte

In a message dated 01/18/2002 9:13:40 AM Central Standard Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:

<< Someone said her beautiful timbre as due to sound-engineering, but how
can one prove that just by listening to the CD? >>

Excuse me, I never said that her beautiful timbre was due to sound
engineering. I'm saying that certain flaws are corrected by the sound
engineer, and in some singers more than others. I read about one pop
singer-songwriter being horrified when a sound engineer said to her, "I like
working with you because I don't have to use pitch modification software like
I do with XYZ." (Granted, that wasn't very tactful of him.) This singer was
especially horrifed because singer XYZ didn't write her own music - all she
did was sing, and she couldn't do that in tune???

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com