Vocalist.org archive

From:  Andrea K <ipiggy7@y...>
Date:  Fri Jan 18, 2002  3:37 am
Subject:  Re: Charlotte

As a rock singer who takes classical voice
lessons I hope someday to have the income and
fame of Charlotte Church - that way when the
"experts"
discuss how badly I suck, I can laugh all the way
to the bank.

To my semi-trained ear
when I listen to Charlotte she sounds fine,
similar to many other classical singers only with
a better tone quality than your average high
soprano.

Sure once in a while she chooses notes and songs
that I wouldn't, but in general I like to listen
to her - not that I would buy the album; but then
again I prefer Dream Theater.

-Andrea

---Begin Included Message---
unbelieveably amateurish; singing off the voice,
with no back space, no
breath control, no phrasing. (It reminded me of
me when I was a VERY
beginning student, actually.) I couldn't believe
that a huge budget
Hollywoood movie would have this really quite
atrocious singing as part
of
its production, and was therefore quite piqued as
to who this possibly
could
be.
It was Charlotte Church.
TinaO

16545 Re: CharlotteMezzoid@a...   Fri  1/18/2002
16546 Re: CharlotteCaio Rossi   Fri  1/18/2002
16549 Re: CharlotteLaura Ruiz   Fri  1/18/2002
16556 Re: CharlotteCaio Rossi   Fri  1/18/2002
16557 Re: CharlotteGreypins@a...   Fri  1/18/2002
16559 Re: CharlotteCaio Rossi   Fri  1/18/2002
16560 Re: Charlottesopran@a...   Fri  1/18/2002
16561 Re: Charlottesopran@a...   Fri  1/18/2002
16563 Re: CharlotteMezzoid@a...   Fri  1/18/2002

emusic.com