Vocalist.org archive

From:  lolipastor@a...
Date:  Thu Jan 17, 2002  6:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] That darned rolled 'r'

Hi, Ingo--

one exercise I've heard about is this... say the word "gutter" over and over
again...don't aspirate the "t"s, however... then say, "gutter - er" over and
over again...faster and faster.... just keep your tongue loose and your air
flowing..

hope this works!!

oh, another thing that is a good cheating technique...in italian, just
imitate a flipped r by doing a really soft, dental "d".... as in "cado mio
ben, kudaydimi almen".. surprisingly enough, I have student from Scotland of
all places who can't roll her r's and sometimes this works for her...

Lauren

emusic.com