Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Jan 14, 2002  6:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the PERFECT teacher

Me three! I've found in my own experience that people get REALLY upset if
they a) don't know what's really going on and b) think that one is
deliberately concealing the truth. Maybe keeping in mind the definition of
diplomacy ("saying the nastiest thing in the nicest way") would help.

But then again, I've got no business talking about diplomacy, being a
frequent offender myself. Let Peggy and Tina guide you. <:-)

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo
"This would be a better world for children if the parents had to eat the
spinach." --Groucho Marx

>From: ODivaTina@a... In a message dated 1/12/2002 1:32:47 PM Pacific
>Standard Time, peggyh@i... writes:
>

> > But what if it gets back to her that this isn't true, that > you're
>studying with someone else? I never advise lying. > Rather, find a truth to
>tell that you're comfortable with, > and say it politely and tactfully. If
>the response is > negative, it doesn't reflect on you, but on the person
>BEING > negative.
>
>Peggy, I couldn't agree with you more. And Lea Ann, it is IMPERATIVE that
>you deal with this in a professional, upright and up-front manner, with
>tact and caring, and simple truth. The fact that this woman has whatever
>issues she has should not in any way impact your ethics of communication. >

16475 Re: the PERFECT teacherSharon Szymanski   Mon  1/14/2002

emusic.com