Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sun Jan 13, 2002  11:42 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] the PERFECT teacher

My near-perfect teacher said something just wonderful in my first lesson
after the holidays (this past Saturday). She noticed that I made a small
adjustment to soften the "stare-y" intensity I sometimes get in my eyes
when I'm concentrating too hard as I sing, and she stopped me and said how
great it was that I had done that without her having to mention it at all.
And then she said that, after all, her job was to get all her students to
the point where they become their own teachers, and don't need her
any more.

Would that all voice teachers had this as their primary objective!

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
What lies behind us, and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16493 Re: the PERFECT teacherdrama_diva_au   Tue  1/15/2002

emusic.com