Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jacqueline/Connie" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Sun May 14, 2000  12:52 am
Subject:  Beth's 15 yrear old student

Hi Beth:
I know what you mean...they really don't believe us
when we give them such advice and I think it's because
we aren't on MTV or whatever in a video, we don't have
a pop CD out and we aren't performing Brittany Spears
songs so they think we don't know anything about it.
It is frustrating!
It's too late to say I told you so after the damage is done.
I certainly don't have any cut and dry solutions...each
student is so different.
I have had to terminate one girl because she would not
do anything correctly and suggested they find someone
who would give them what they are looking for...they of course
couldn't find anyone to do that.
Usually I try to perservere with good technique and
encouragement whenever possible and hope that some of
it will stick.
I empathize with you, that's for sure!
Jacqueline
ps...today several of our students were asked to perform
at Chapter's/Starbucks and they did GREAT and we were
so proud of them and that's what makes it worthwhile.
www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
(gifts/costumes/classes & more)
Read my articles at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre)
"There's no business like show business"

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1646 Re: Beth's 15 yrear old student Mezzoid@a...   Tue  5/16/2000   2 KB

emusic.com