Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caiorossi@t...>
Date:  Sat Jan 12, 2002  4:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] allbrazilian.com

> that is a great site. ('anna julia' - very topical, i thought.)

It was a bit hit hear for about 6 months, pleasing basically the same audiences
that consume Britney Spears, etc. Critics and rock fans were always complaining
about it and wondering on the streets, TV programs and newspaper articles what
had happened to Brazilian rock. Even the band members apologized for that, and
were always saying they were a "hardcore band" and that people should listen to
the other tracks too. After some time we heard that Harrison was going to record
that song in English. It's as if the Pope had said it's OK to wear a condom! A
long-lasting silence has been heard eversince! hehe

> i checked out jorge vercilo (after reading about him at the site). they
> were right, it's scary how much he sounds like djavan.

Never heard of that guy. I think his name was never read by so many people as it
has now.

Caio

emusic.com