Vocalist.org archive

From:  Line Gingras <lgingras@c...>
Date:  Tue May 16, 2000  5:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] PC?

Hello everyone!

I'd like to say, first of all, that this post does not address the
present situation only -- as longtime listers will suspect.

Personally -- and I don't suppose I am the only one in that case, far
from it! ;) --, I like opinions to be expressed clearly and
thoughtfully. I think there is a tendency, with e-mail, to respond very
quickly, which can reflect the naturalness of a conversation, but also
can lead to mistakes, misunderstandings and overly impulsive behavior.
May I suggest that listers always try to write with some care and always
reread their messages before sending them to the whole list -- and that,
if they don't have enough time to do so, it might be better, generally,
to postpone sending them? I also think that every contributor on
Vocalist should give at least his or her name, especially when voicing
strong opinions or answering one message in particular.

Line
(Quebec-born, French-speaking light contralto, an amateur student of
singing and a translator [now freelance] by profession.)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1688 Re: PC? thomas mark montgomery   Wed  5/17/2000   3 KB

emusic.com