Vocalist.org archive

From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Fri Jan 11, 2002  9:26 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] finding a new teacher (again) Lamperti quote

In a message dated 1/11/02 12:38:45 PM, shirleyowens@h... writes:

<< Lamperti had a student once who boasted that he had studied with 9
teachers
and Lamperti's response that he had 8 too many teachers. Having too many
teachers can be damaging. >>

Shirley,

I love Lamperti's Vocal Wisdom, and I must admit that this thread made me
think of the above as well. However, I think that what Lamperti really meant
was that this particular student was looking for a "silver bullet"--that
mythical teacher somewhere out there who can magically solve all problems,
without the student doing any of the real work. Of course, that teacher does
not exist, and looking for him/her is a waste of time.

Judy

emusic.com