Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Terry Mitchell" <tmitche2@t...>
Date:  Thu Jan 10, 2002  10:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] SINGERS AND MUSICIANS

<<it is for this reason that i feel sorry for the instrumentalist who can't
even gesture to make his/her vision clear as, their hands are always
occupied
in the operation of their instrument. for this, they must rely on kindness
of empathy to make their feelings known.

mike

Perhaps their hands are occupied, but there are other gestures. For
instance, Louis Armstrong had great eye expressions and raised his forehead
when playing his trumpet. Elton John seems to keep his beat with an eyebrow
and I've seen one pianist (one of my teachers) who keeps time out the side
of his mouth. Actually, I realize that keeping the beat isn't an expression,
but when watching someone doing this, at least for me, it leaves some
impression.

Terry

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16387 Re: SINGERS AND MUSICIANSLaura Ruiz   Thu  1/10/2002
16391 Re: SINGERS AND MUSICIANSJohn Link   Thu  1/10/2002

emusic.com