Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Tue Jan 8, 2002  11:28 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Celebrity and Mortality

I have two problems with the whole controversy:

1) The author of the article Caio originally posted sets himself up as an
authority on popular music, yet he mis-identifies the girl group who sang
"He's So Fine" (The Chiffons) as a "Motown group." Hey, not ALL 1960s girl
groups were Motown; at least three were in Phil Spector's harem.

2) I dislike the implication that liking one artist over another--or even
finding one more significant than another--is a zero-sum game. I like the
Beatles AND Nat "King" Cole. Maybe I should apply to the Foreign
Service....

Liz