Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Tue Jan 8, 2002  5:28 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Celebrity and Mortality

In a message dated 1/8/2002 10:52:29 AM Central Standard Time,
caiorossi@t... writes:

> So tell me: besides their "sociological importance", what good qualities do
> you see in the Beatles that makes them deserve being listened to by people
> who despise those artists I mentioned above? I've been asking Beatlemaniacs
> that question for years but I've never gotten a rational answer.

The Beatles revolutionized pop music on a mass level by bringing in
influences and sounds that have never been heard before on such a large
level. There impact and influence can still be heard today. They also were
a very important part of a movement that put the singer/songwriter at the
forefront which is still the benchmark for credibility ... that is why bsb,
etc., don't have any.

Randy Buescher

emusic.com