Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Jan 5, 2002  5:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Rolfing

In a message dated 1/5/2002 12:44:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:

<< How is it that it had no effect on your singing? If your body is
straighter,
more opened and in alignment, wouldn't that effect your support column?

tina,

my technical inabilities at the time were not solved through rolfing as,
i gained no skills through the process. any gain i have made in my singing
since has been attributable to learning better skills. and, as i have
learned better skills, my singing has become even less dependent on physical
setup (in fact, my posture has gotten even lazier as my singing has gotten
better).

the most significant benefit i experienced from rolfing was better sinus
drainage and some recovery to a fallen arch in my right foot. also, the
process of going through this rather confrontational therapy (it hurts like
hell) served as a lesson in dealing with 'constructive' pain (whether or not
the rolfing itself was indeed useful or, just my imagination). this helped
me later in pushing through various thresholds, in regard to exercise.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16237 Re: Rolfingdrama_diva_au   Sun  1/6/2002

emusic.com