Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@d...>
Date:  Thu Jan 3, 2002  7:23 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Changing Teachers

Am I the only one who can't entirely follow the latest notes from
"Bart"? They're most definitely passionate, but in a tirade sort of
way. I find them confusing to follow, let alone glean any sort of real
content from.

And I'm utterly at a loss as to why anyone would be angry with Karen for
expressing her thoughts on changing teachers. I have an aunt who's a
wonderful teacher, but feels that a student should never stay with any
teacher, no matter how good, for more than 4 years. Both teacher and
student become stagnant after awhile, and in many cases, can know
exactly what the other's going to say or suggest which makes the whole
thing pointless anyway. Each teacher and each student is different.
Not all teachers are great, or even good. And even if your teacher is
wonderful, maybe his/her way of trying to get ideas across just doesn't
work with you or some other student.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 on this matter. I'm personally tired of seeing
Bart's unintelligible, maniacal e-mail's that seem to serve only to
attempt to glorify himself and his intellect.

Laura

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
16197 Re: Changing TeachersIsabelle Bracamonte   Fri  1/4/2002

emusic.com