Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
"Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Dec 31, 2001  6:51 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] This is getting silly....Am I a tenor or a bass-baritone?

>From: John Link <johnlink@n...>
>GWendel wrote:
>
> >At 01:20 PM 12/29/01 -0500, Margaret Harrison wrote:
> >
> >>I have come to believe: You are what you sing.
> >
> >Lemeeseeeee..... I am what I sing.
> > I am what I eat.
> > ergo I sing what I eat? I eat what I sing?
>
>I disagree. The correct conclusion is as follows:
>
>You sing for your supper.
>
>John Link

Actually, I think Lorenz Hart said it best:

"Sing for your supper, and you'll have breakfast!
Songbirds always eat--
If their song is sweet to hear!" (from "The Boys from Syracuse")

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

" 'Now, you kids help me get all this stuff together. Hurry, hurry, hurry,'
she said, for it was dark then, and she knew that we are bound, one to
another, in licentious benevolence, for only a single day, and that day was
nearly over. She was tired, but she couldn't rest, she couldn't rest."

--John Cheever, "Christmas Is a Sad Season for the Poor"