Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Kittisak Shuuklin" <hm381119@k...>
Date:  Mon May 15, 2000  3:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "S" in Jesus poll results!

Dear Laura,

Now I understand why your director asked you to drop out the "s". I am
pretty sure he would do again too if he could drop out any ending sounds
like "t" or "z". That's because when you sing in a choir, it wouldn't be
nice if all of you don't reach at the end of a phrase or word that ends with
"s", "z", "t" and "d" at the same time. And that's because such habit will
give an echo of those sounds at the end of the phrase or the word. I was
told that when we sing in a choir, we are like "one" person but still we
need to be "independent". That's why they call "harmony". Well, I don't
know if my English is clear or not. I can't think straight right now.
There are lots of noise around here while I'm trying to concentrate on my
English. In fact, I also dont' know if you will all agree with this or not,
but I think that could be the reason why the director dropped the 's' then.
However, if I were you, I would ask my director then why so. I always
remind myself that you also learn when you ask too. I think that's great
too, right?

Oak

emusic.com