Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri Dec 28, 2001  1:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Broken Blood Vessel

Vessel

perhaps the no acid reflux in the UK has to do with the bland food?

LOL, how funny. I lived in the UK for a while and the food is pretty much
the same as the food we have here....and anyone who has ever had a regular
weekly curry can tell you bland is not in the vocabulary. I think that Acid
reflux is just called something else...erosive gerd perhaps or something else.
You see the British have something called the NHS, therefore they don't see all
our pharmaceutical commercials all the time. Their gov't only allows people to
have certain drugs, they don't have the vast unending array of drugs to choose
from that we do. The reason is that WE pay for the drugs here so the drug
companies market them to us for treatment of an unending number of ailments.
It's the marketing that differs really NOT the ailment. Believe me there are
many many British people who have acid reflux (I think I knew at least one) A
Harlow based Pharm company (Glaxo Smithkline) even makes one of the drugs for
it's treatment!

Lea Ann

emusic.com