Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Sun May 14, 2000  10:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Contemporary Arias in English

In a message dated 5/14/00 3:30:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jfretwell@h... writes:

<< I have my copy of "I Want Magic!" in front of me and here's what is on
it...

<snip>

My particular favorites on this recording are "Glitter and be gay",
"Summertime", and "I want magic!" >>

It's so interesting the different way people respond to the same
recording. For example, I really dislike her Glitter and Be Gay - I find it
heavy and slow and lacking brilliance. But I absolutely love her The Trees
on the Mountain and Ain't It a Pretty Night. This is one of my favorite
recent recordings - there are some gorgeous renditions on it.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo soprano

emusic.com