Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  buzzcen@a...
buzzcen@a...
Date:  Thu Dec 27, 2001  2:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Broken Blood Vessel

In a message dated 12/27/2001 5:06:32 AM Central Standard Time,
Idbelsey@y... writes:
Idbelsey@y... writes:

> . Also, try not to take the
> steroids. If you're resting the voice, they won't be
> needed. Lots of steam is great. Pure steam mind,
> nothing in it. And don't burn yourself!!

Ian,

I really don't know if we should give medical advice like this (in a sense)
on this list. What are you basing this on? While steroid use is slightly
controversial, from my experience with patients that use them and the many
doctors I've worked with as part of multidisciplinary teams, short term use
will not hurt the individual and if anything will only help. Advising a
person not to take medication that has been prescribed without first hand
knowledge and the proper training is dicey and dangerous.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
16051 Re: Broken Blood Vessel to Randy (mostly) Ian Belsey   Fri  12/28/2001   3 KB

emusic.com