Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "nfiniti2001" <nfiniti@n...>
"nfiniti2001" <nfiniti@n...>
Date:  Sat Dec 22, 2001  6:57 pm
Subject:  How to build vocal endurance- Tips wanted for Newbie to group

I am an R & B singer with a live band. I have just begun doing pro
gigs and I am finding it hard to sing as the night goes on due to
fatigue.(I do 5 hour gigs with 3-4 sets and I am doing the majority
of singing) The voice itself gets brighter but I feel like the
muscles that I use to sing don't want to stay in place. I am very
concerned about injury secondary to improper technique. I don't want
to lose my voice!

I have been blowing balloons to build up the accessory chest muscles
and I am hydating myself well (2-3 liters daily). I also have a warm
mist humidifier in my bedroom to combat dryness due to the excessive
heat in my apartment. I am considering swimming as a way to build
strength. Does anyone have good advice on a fitness regimen geared to
singers?

I also find that the longer I warm up I tend to lose some of my low
notes. What causes this?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
16016 Re: How to build vocal endurance- Tips wanted for michael.chesebro   Sun  12/23/2001   3 KB
16017 Re: How to build vocal endurance- Tips wanted for Margaret Harrison   Sun  12/23/2001   3 KB
16020 Re: How to build vocal endurance- Tips wanted for Ian Belsey   Mon  12/24/2001   4 KB

emusic.com